Happy Monday! And what a HOT one it is. One thing you may not know about me is that I detest the heat. I can’t even bear to be outside for a few minutes. Let’s hope this 40 deg C (with the humidity) weather ends soon. Are you like that too or are you lapping up this weather?
1) Did you see my bathroom post on Friday?
2) My latest ideabook for Houzz is live (and on their homepage) and I wrote about outdoor fabrics. Check it out here and feel free to tweet etc.
3) I stopped in at Ikea last week and my local store had this kitchen on display. The door style (Lidingo) in grey is so new that they didn’t have the door sample yet and it isn’t online. It’s this door style in grey. I couldn’t stop looking at it and I predict it will be a top seller. So good!
4) West Elm is having an event in their Toronto store on Saturday. They have introduced quite a few new items recently which I am so in love with. Check them out here.
5) One of the fun perks of having a blog and being a decorator is that you receive invites/hear about talented local artists. One such artist, Gloria Green, is having a solo show which opens this Thursday at Rue Pigalle. “She works at SickKids Hospital by day in oncology and paints by night. She started painting to deal with the heartbreak of working in oncology at the hospital.”
I’m unable to make it, but if you are in the market for large format, original, abstract art, it would be definitely be worth a visit – oh, and there’s wine! :)
I’ll be back in a few weeks. Stay cool!
If you are looking for design advice, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.